It’s not what you eat, it’s how you eat it.
Self-care is not about eating your greens and starving yourself on a juice cleanse. True health is listening to the needs of your body and mind. If you listen carefully, your gut is constantly whispering what it desires to be harmony. Your morning routine is perhaps one of the most essential of the day. The more you can control your a.m. ecology, the more you can curb cravings, prevent weight gain, and avoid an emotional roller coaster.
Even though summer is coming to a close, it's the season for keeping your lymph and gut healthy. What this really means is taking advantage of the fire of summer by detoxifying while you sweat, and clearing all the emotional gunk that no longer serves you. Your mantra is to let go, surrender the nonsense and have fun while you’re at it.
Take a deep breath, count your blessings, and drink your medicine.
1. Drink warm water: Warm water regulates kidney function and enhances alkalinity in the gut. Yes, it's that simple. Drink at least 16 ounces of warm water before you do anything else in the morning.
2. Keep your mornings alkaline with herbs: Enjoy the below medicine cocktail after your warm water.
3. 5 minute meditation: Sit in silence and breathe. Did you know that sitting in silence and observing your mind actually regulates kidney function, reduces acidity, and harmonizes your cardiovascular system?
AM Detox Cocktail
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp honey
- A pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- A pinch of black pepper
- To kick it up a notch: 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric to a cup of warm water. Shake well.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon into the mix.
- Add 1/2tsp of coconut oil.
- Add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt.
- Add a pinch of black pepper.
- Feeling brave? Add 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
Medicinal Qualities: Anti-inflammatory, de-congests the gut, fat burner, master alkalizer, reduces gas, and diuretic.