Unless you've been living under a rock, you've heard of UFC Women's Champion Ronda Rousey and her recent ESPY win. The 28-year-old mixed martial arts fighter is defending her UFC title, against Brazil's Bethe Correira, for the sixth consecutive time tomorrow. The Rio de Janeiro match marks the first time California native will be competing outside of the US and she is ready to bring it. We don't know about you, but we won't be missing this epic match between these two determined women. In case you need some persuading, here are 8 reasons why Ronda Rousey seriously rocks.
- Her mom is an American judoka and was the first American to win the World Judo Championships in 1984.
- She has Venezuelan roots.
- She was the first woman to earn an Olympic medal in Judo at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.
- A few years later, in 2012, she became the first female fighter to sign with the UFC.
- She raises money for the Black Jaguar White Tiger Foundation, an organization that strives to rescue Big Cats from bad circumstances and provide them with a better lifestyle.
- She plays Pokemon all the time, loves Dragon Ball Z, and watching WWE.
- She LOVES her body and its athletic build. What other girl do you know would purposely gain weight to strip down for Sports Illustrated?
- Don't call her a DNB, because she's not one — and here's what she had to say about that.