A couple of weekends ago, friends from out of town unexpectedly showed up at my apartment. Well, they more like called, asked if we were home, and said they were roughly 15 minutes away. So, having only but a few minutes to spare, I needed to make sure I had the essentials.
What is that, you ask?!
A bottle of wine plus ingredients to whip up a quick bite, of course!
Normally, I have cheese and crackers by the bulk, but when I didn’t have any of that, I decided to defer to my simple, semi-homemade (sans the dough) pizza. It’s a recipe that only takes but a few minutes, so it’s the perfect when you are pressed for time. Oh and did I mention, it’s ah-mazing and healthy! Who needs to wait upwards of 45 minutes for pizza delivery when you can bake this one in 8–10 minutes.
Here’s what you’ll need!
- A rolling pin: Mine is Martha
Stewart, and I got it at Macy’s for $15.
- A non-stick pizza pan: Mine is Cuisinart, and I also got it at Macy’s for $15.
- Wheat pizza dough: I buy Trader Giotto’s Ready To Bake Whole Wheat Pizza Dough.
- ¼ a cup of marinara sauce: I used Trader Giotto’s Organic Marinara Sauce
- ½ a cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese: I used Trader Joe’s Lite Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Toppings: I chose onions (half of one) and roasted red peppers (one pepper) but you can choose from a variety of toppings like pepperoni, basil, arugula, shaved Parmesan, and the list goes on and on.
Follow these nine easy steps, and come back and tell me how good it was! I promise you’ll be using this recipe
for years to come!