You can't step up your brunch game without really learning how to poach an egg. Here we break down the steps so you can nail it in no time.
How to poach an egg:
1 1/2 T white vinegar
1. Bring a small pot of water to a simmer (it shouldn’t be boiling like crazy).
2. Add white vinegar.
3. Crack an egg into a small bowl or ramekin.
4. Stir the water with a spoon to start a gentle whirlpool in the water.
5. Slowly pour in the egg, whites first.
6. Use the spoon to hold the whites together if necessary.
7. Leave to cook about 2 minutes (remember, the water should NOT BOIL).
8. Use a slotted spoon to remove the egg out of the water.
9. Enjoy your fabulous poached egg. Bon appétit!
Recipe by Tulio Espinoza