- Sunscreen needs to be part of your everyday beauty routine so opt for a non-oily formula likeNeutrogena’s SPF 30 Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch.
- Use a mattifying primer to keep oil at bay. Rodriguez suggests Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer for a glowy and supple finish.
- To avoid a cakey look, use a tinted moisturizer. Mary Kay’s CC Cream with SPF 15 is lightweight and ideal for a natural complexion.
- Avoid racoon eyes by applying a thin layer of waterproof Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner above your upper and lower lash lines.
- Fill in brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Pen where hair is sparse.
- Liquid concealers can slide off if you sweat so be sure to apply a cream concealer such as Shiseido Perfecting Stick Concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes.
- Opt for a powder blush on the apples cheeks and add a bronzer on the areas of your face that are normally hit by the sun first. Casco likes the NARS Tahiti Bronzing Powder in Laguna for it’s subtle glow that leaves your skin looking radiant.
- Finish off your look with Makeup Forever Aqua Rouge Waterproof Liquid Lip Color.
- To remove excess oil from your face throughout the day, Casco suggests keeping Mary Kay Beauty Blotters Oil-Absorbing Tissues on hand.
If you are traveling to the southern hemisphere where it’s winter, then moisturizing is essential.
- Skin can get very dry in cold temperatures so it’s important to apply a daily moisturizer that contains sunscreen like Neutrogena’s Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30.
- You then want to apply a hydrating primer that will leave your skin prepped and ready for makeup. Casco likes Covergirl Simply Ageless Serum Primer.
- Cream foundations are usually less drying and with NARS Cream Compact Foundation you only need a few dabs to get for great coverage.
- Casco suggests using “an iridescent light shade in the inner corners of the eyes to brighten them up and avoid pink shades that might make your eyes look red or tired” and two coats of Too Faced Better than Sex mascara.
- Illuminate your cheeks by applying NARS The Multiple in Orgasm.
- To give your look the final touch, use a creamy lip formula such as Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter.
Dry Desert Climate
- For a desert climate Rodriguez recommends beginning with Dermalogica’s Solar Defense Boosterand Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Foundation Primer which “locks in your moisturizer and keeps your skin looking hydrated.”
- Then apply a liquid foundation that has a matte yet luminous finish like Rodriguez’s favorite Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup.
- To create a flushed look apply a cream blush that is lightweight and blends easily.“I am loving theBecca cosmetics cream blushes, they’re gorgeous and multicolored so you get a dimensional glow.”
- To intensify your eyes begin with a primer like Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer that works with both cream and powder shadows, then add Pur Minerals Double Ego Eyeliner and Big Look Lengthening mascara to enhance the look.
- Blend a smudge-proof cream shadow like Benefit Creaseless shadow for a natural hint of shimmer in Oyster Pink. Cream shadows won’t dry your lids in a dry climate the way powder will.
- Casco advises on keeping lips hydrated with Mary Kay Satin Lips Set which includes both a gentle exfoliator and a lip balm.
- The next step is to apply a conditioning, creamy lipstick like Bobbi Brown’s Creamy Matte Lip Color and to complete the look Rodriguez suggests on using Dermalogica’s Antioxidant HydraMist.