Police have released the 911 audio recordings from the Orlando shooting at the Pulse Nightclub that left 49 people dead and more wounded. Three months since the largest mass shooting took place, the public is finally getting a sense of the chaotic situation that tragically occurred in the early hours of June 12.

photo: YouTube

Associated Press reports the Orange County Sheriff's Office released the audio on Tuesday.

The most heartbreaking part of hearing these calls is the mounting frustrations from family and friends that were calling 911 on behalf of their loved ones stuck, scared, and wounded at the club.

"My son was shot in the club ... He is still in the bathroom. He is bleeding, and he got shot, and nobody is going in for him," one caller tells the 911 operator almost three hours after the shooting began. "Nobody is doing anything for him." 

The dispatcher said that a SWAT team was about to go inside the nightclub, but that didn't happen when the shooting became a hostage situation.

"People are shot and dead...Are you guys sending anybody there?" the man said. "They are all scared to death, and they all think they are going to die."

"I called you guys 10 minutes ago," a man said who's girlfriend was inside.

"My girlfriend’s hiding in the club Pulse, where people are shot and dead and there’s like 18 people hiding in the bathroom," he went on.

Another caller said: "My son is stuck in the bathroom down there, and I got him on the other phone … I called before, but they called dispatch and all the lines were busy."

These are just a fraction of the calls received. While the County Sheriff's office has released their 911 calls, the Orlando police has yet to release their batch of calls.

The Associated Press reports that the sheriff's office took an overflow of 911 calls that morning, because the lines for the police department had busy signals. 

While media outlets say the police department should release their 911 calls, too, officials say that they are exempt under Florida public records law because the case is still an ongoing investigation.

Until they do, it's hard to say how they could have done better.