Whether we'd like to admit it or not, we've all had a bad hair day. After the initial feeling of stress, you might just reach for your nearest hat and call it a day. But if you have a foolproof hair kit by your side, your bad hair days will be no more. Here's how to banish even the worst hair days.
1. Start off with a dry shampoo to soak up oil and sweat. Shake the canister and hold it six to ten inches away from hair. Wait 30 seconds, then massage product into hair with fingertips, from root to ends. Living Proof Perfect hair Day (PhD) Dry Shampoo, $22; Ulta.com
2. Add volume to hair with texturizing powder. Lightly sprinkle powder from bottle on dry hair at the root. Massage into roots to distribute product evenly. Sexy Hair Big Sexy Hair Powder Play Volumizing & Texturizing Powder, $16.95; Ulta.com
3. Pump moisturizing oil into hands, then comb throughout hair to make it silky smooth. Focus on your ends and any other areas that have been chemically treated or feels dry. Shea Moisture 100% Pure Argan Oil, $8.99; Ulta.com
4. Plait hair into a three-strand braid — this style always looks chic. Divide hair into three even sections, starting at the nape of the neck. Then cross the right section into the middle section (the right will now be the middle, and what was once the middle is now on the right). Cross the left section into the middle and continue these steps until you reach the end of the hair.
5. Secure the braid with a metal-free hair tie to protect your lovely locks. Karina No Crimper Medium Thick Elastics in Black, $2.99; Ulta.com
6. Hide any flyaway hairs with pins. Open the pin at the center, grab desired hair in place, then pinch the tips together and tuck into root of hair. Hot Tools Black 2" Hair Pins, $3.49; Ulta.com
7. Pull out a couple strands of hair towards the front of the face for a loose, sexy look.
8. Curl loose strands with a flat iron. Start by taking a hot flat iron close to the scalp (carefully) and clamp it closed. Gently turn it in a halfway motion away from your face. Slowly run the iron down the hair — the longer you hold it, the tighter the curl will be. CHI Ultra CHI Pop Pink 1" Hairstyling Iron, $89.95; Ulta.com
9. Finish it off by setting your braid with hairspray. Hold the can eight to 12 inches away from hair and lightly spritz. Redken Triple Take Hairspray 32, $22; Ulta.com
All products are available at Ulta Beauty stores.